One of the popular and easy staple foods all across the globe is rice, and basmati rice is one such special, long-grained, premium version of rice which is always in demand among food enthusiasts. Native to the Indian subcontinent, basmati rice is known for its distinct aroma and slender grains. Shop today at Bulk Barn - basmati rice online and invite your friends over for a scrumptious meal.
Some Popular Basmati Rice Delicacies to Try
It is time to put on your chef hats and start cooking the most popular dishes that are made with Basmati rice.
- Biryani: The first thing that comes to mind when we think of a basmati rice recipe is biryani. Considered a dish of the royals, it is available in various versions, the most famous ones being chicken and mutton biryani. Veg biryani is equally popular. This is a one-pot meal which is cooked on low flame with ingredients like cardamom, mace, cumin, black pepper, ginger garlic paste, saffron, cinnamon, and biryani powder.
- Pulao: The Indian version of fried rice is an easy-to-cook dish; it is a sweet and salty preparation of rice cooked in ghee. The basmati rice is cooked with onions, chill pepper, carrots, cauliflowers, french beans, and mint leaves. It is rich in dry fruits like almonds, peanuts, raisins, and cashews, enhancing this dish's taste.
- Khichdi: Here is a perfect meal to enjoy on a rainy day - yes, we are talking about khichdi - a one-pot recipe which is made with basmati rice, moong dal, and heaps of ghee.
- Kheer: It is a classic sweet dish which is made with basmati rice boiled in milk. Cardamom, nuts, and fragrant rose water are added to the mixture, and voila - the delicious dessert is ready to be served once it cools down.
- Paella: This Spanish dish has the ingredients - basmati rice, chicken, and other vegetables like bell peppers and olive. It is seasoned with garlic and saffron.
- Phirni: It is a festive dessert which can be easily cooked when you are craving to eat something sweet. The basmati rice is ground to form a fine powder, and then it is cooked with milk, saffron, cardamom, and rose water.
- Lemon rice: An easy, go-to comfort food, lemon rice can be easily prepared with basmati rice. The basmati rice is cooked with curry leaves, lemon juice, turmeric, chillies, and mustard seeds. You can also add peanuts to enhance the taste of the dish.
Now that you have the list of delicious basmati rice recipes, you can shop today at Bulk Barn to buy basmati rice online. Visit the website to explore the collection of rice, lentils, pasta, beans, nuts, seeds and grains, baking, dried fruits, herbs and spices, snacks, and organic food.